8.1.13

I Am Beautiful Project


Hi guys so I've got some important news for you!

I want to begin a series on the blog called 'I Am Beautiful' aka the IAB project.

The whole idea behind this is Empowerment, Motivation and Success.

Many of us know that there are many issues concerning body image, social stratification and general emotional and psychological well-being of people. These issues have lead to too many devastating ends such as depression and death- in the form of suicide.

I would like to use this series as a way to destroy all that negativity and build up the self-confidence of our generation that is being tampered with by so many sources. For example: The media (Including social media)

IAB will cover different body shapes/types and how to dress them up.

We all have flaws, nobody is perfect and we must learn to understand that.

How is IAB different?
- The goal of IAB is to remind people that everyone is uniquely beautiful. IAB will try to achieve this goal through fashion and style. All races, ethnicities and sizes are beautiful irrespective of what people or society thinks.

How Does It Work?
- The IAB project will be a weekly series on my blog posted on Wednesdays.
- There will be 10 questions to be answered by each person featured. (Questions are at the end of this post)
- IAB aims to prove that irrespective of race, or size, everyone is beautiful so there will be an element of fashion and style incorporated into IAB.

Who Can Participate?
- Anyone, anywhere at all can participate. As far as you would like to impact on our generation in some way: this is a little way you can. Optional: Follow this Blog via GFC. This way, you get to see other features too!

Do I have to be a Fashion Blogger?
- No, you don't have to be a fashion blogger or any kind of blogger at all to participate.

Is IAB open to both males and females?
- Yes, both males and females can participate as stated above.

How can I participate?
Email your answers with 1-5 very clear pictures to kikilehin@gmail.com.

When will IAB be launched?
IAB will be launched on the 5th of February, 2013.

When can I send an e-mail?
You can send the e-mail at any time from now, and I will notify you once your feature is up after IAB is launched.

What do I need to know?
Be enthusiastic. Be positive. Be yourself. Share your Knowledge.

IAB Questions
1. What is your Name?
2. What is your Nationality and Where do you currently live?
3. Which age group do you belong to? 0-17, 18-25, 26-40, 40 and above.
4. Describe your personal style.
5. What makes you feel beautiful?
6. What do you think of the current issues concerning body image and race?
7. Do you think the media has had a negative or positive influence on these issues? Why?
8. What do you think of the current fashion industry and trends?
9. What advice would you like to give?
10. Share a fun fact about you.

Weekly obsessions will now be posted on Fridays.

*See all IAB features so far here*

**If you are a blogger this is a great way to get more traffic, views, and followers to your blog**

Thanks for reading. If you like this idea, please share it and spread the word. Feel free to re-blog this also!

Thanks for reading and please leave your thoughts, suggestions and questions in the comments!

Xo

Kike.

17 comments:

  1. This is quite awesome and brilliant. The name of the project is nice as well. I think things like this is what the world needs. I've heard of too many cases of depression, bullying and suicides. It's so shocking and heart-breaking. I think projects like this will bring more awareness to each individual's struggles. If everyone shares their story, it makes others feel secured. It's like having a support group.

    I'm definitely interested in this project and will send my information in soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Seun! I can't wait! :)

      Delete
  2. I love dis! I wud definitly participate.
    Do u mind us following each other?

    http://pinkportia91.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Portia! Sure, I didn't notice GFC on your site though.

      Delete
  3. This is an awesome idea... i have something like this coming up too... so ll definitely love to be a part of this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome post and blog!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great!
    I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna try and be apart of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous21.1.13

    This is exactly what's bordering today's teens. I can't spend an hour talking to my friends without one of them commenting about their weight or how they wanna look like... seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. It's gotten too bad!

      Delete
  8. Anonymous5.2.13

    thumbs up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look pretty in the above picture! Anyway this is such a great idea, I'd love to participate!
    www.yvonnesloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne. Just send you entry and it'll be up ASAP. :)

      Delete

Join the conversation!